For optimal brush condition and hygiene it is recommended to clean your make-up brushes weekly. For quick cleans or to avoid contamination the best is to spray with an alcohol based brush cleanser. For breakout prone skin, it’s recommended to clean before each use to prevent the spread of bacteria and further breakout.
For a more thorough clean it’s recommended to shampoo your brushes. This method is recommended at least every few months, ideally monthly depending on use:
- Pour out a small amount of soft shampoo into a shallow bowl.
- Soak the tip of the brush and gently swirl, being careful not to wet the base of the brush.
- Rinse the brush under warm running water pointing downwards. Repeat steps two and three until water runs clear from the brush.
- Use a cloth to wipe the brush clean, reshaping bristles as needed.
- Lay the brush flat on a cloth until completely dry.